Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc., (NTC) a post-clearing services provider for some of the nation’s largest financial institutions, recently announced it has completed 25 years of service to the mortgage lending industry.
The company was founded in 1991 as California Title Clearing, Inc. Within a year of its founding, the company had rebranded as Nationwide Title Clearing and had attracted a national client base. The company moved its headquarters to Palm Harbor, Florida, in 2002.
"Twenty-five years is a long time to serve any industry and it only happens when a company has found a way to add real value to the customers it serves," said NTC CEO John Hillman. "I could not be more proud of all that Nationwide Title Clearing has achieved over the past quarter century. This company has recruited and developed the very best team at work in the industry today. I always look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate that to every new client we serve. We're looking forward to the next 25 years."
Hillman published a short retrospective on the company’s blog reflecting on some of NTC’s achievements over the last 25 years. He also addressed the strategy the company plans to be successful in the mortgage industry in the future.
“We are staying true to our founders' core beliefs and values, that profit is just the reward and not the goal,” Hillman wrote on the company’s blog. “That is and has always been the fabric of who we are. The formula is simple; we spend a tremendous amount of time and care for our team members and in turn they help us focus on what our clients' needs are. Everyone wins. We are ready to embrace a new year with our friends, vendors and clients. We are ready for another year excelling at what we are really good at: Helping our clients stay compliant.”
Below is a timeline of NTC milestones in its first 25 years of existence:
- 1991— California Title Clearing, Inc. opens its doors after the original founders came up with a concept to help the industry process and retrieve documents
- 1992—NTC goes national and is rebranded as Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc.
- 1994—NTC adds lien release research, title policy and document retrieval services
- 2002—NTC moves its headquarters from Glendale, California to Palm Harbor, Florida
- 2006—NTC establishes attorney network to resolve state-specific concerns regarding the unlicensed practice of law
- 2009—NTC implements extensive and enhanced training and compliance initiatives
- 2011—NTC develops and begins delivery of the Assignment Verification Report (AVR) service, a part of the PerfectChain suite of services, with immediate adoption by the industry
- 2013—NTC adds file audit and remediation services
- 2015—NTC achieves an E-recording rate of over 70 percent nationwide